[Dailydrool] The most expensive single blade of GRASS- $3,300

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 07:59:16 PDT 2008

My heart aches for each of those who have recently lost their beloved
friends.  The tribute to Marigold was just beautiful.

You may remember of me addressing the Drool about Owen's mystery  lump.
Since June 8th to be exact we have been dealing with this softball  size lump on
his right ribcage..  the previous site of a mast cell tumor  removal.  To say
the least I was so paranoid that the tumor had come  back.  To make a 4 months
ordeal short , a bacterial infection and three  surgeries later we found the
culprit.   A "blade of grass" was found  imbedded in his side intra-muscularly
.  We took the conservative  route and then we had to get aggressive and
finally he had exploratory surgery  on Thursday.  That is when they found the blade
of grass.  Total to  date is $3,300.00 for this blade of grass which I have
and might put on  E-Bay!!!!  Poor Owen has had four drains in various areas and
now is  sporting an eight inch incision with yet another tube.  He is also
wearing  a variety of t-shirts as he still has a Fentanyl patch for pain.

To keep this basset related..during this time Abraham's 3rd eyelid was
covering his left eye.  I remember reading another Drooler's  dog  had the some
issue which turned out to be glaucoma.  Now I started to lose  it and off to the
Vetspital  we go with him...that was  another fiasco at the vets but the
outcome was that he had Anterior Uveitis and  he was on antibiotics and drops for
two weeks.  He is totally recovered  now....thank doG!!!

Now to get back to this $3,300 blade of grass....that was my week's  vacation
in August, and my new wall oven which I desperately need (my current  one is
original to the house---1954) but you know I would spend any amount to  keep
my Boys healthy and happy.  Speaking of happy, Abe was very happy  yesterday as
he snagged a chicken carcass with tons of meat on it and ate the  entire
thing...I walked in the kitchen and couldn't imagine why he was licking  the
kitchen floor.   10 minutes later I found the container the  chicken was in and was
so angry at myself for forgetting to put it back in the  refrigerator after
carving some meat to entice Owen to eat.  He is such a  food hound and the most
amazing counter cruiser....

If you would like to visit Owen on his Dogster page
_http://www.dogster.com/dogs/92950_ (http://www.dogster.com/dogs/92950)  and  leave him a bone  or some
drool he would appreciate it..If you scroll down  to the last picture this
was taken the day he came home (Friday the 12th)  .  He is wearing a tube collar
which I bought for him after his first  surgery.  So much better than those
plastic E-collars they provide at the  vets.  His last e collar was held
together with  duct tape as he  banged it so many times it cracked in numerous
places.  It's a great collar  as it also works as a pillow  and it allows him to
eat and drink without  difficulty.  I bought it at Petco but you can purchase
them through Drs.  Foster Smith  as that is where I first saw it.

Hopefully Owen is done with this nonsense and will recuperate fully...this
was by far the most bizarre thing I have experienced in all my years of (all my
 life) having dogs.

Shelley, Abraham Ga-linkin with a very full belly, and Owen Max Bloomberg
Mystery Lump now Gone!!!