[Dailydrool] Hooked on Daisy now

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 16:07:27 PDT 2008

Dear Droolers and parents of Droolers,
When i first got Daisy at 2 months old i began reading the Daily Drool. i
thought to myself you were all about half nuts if not totally.  i regarded
Daisy as a pain in the neck for quite some time, her manners were awful, she
didn't listen, i angered all of you by saying there might need to be a "rescue  in
Colorado" if things didn't change and i was properly chastized by alot of
you.

well, that was back then. she is 7 months old now and i have to say i can't
imagine life without her.  we have conquered the messy fighting over the
leash when we walk every day, i bought a halter which helped but we still had
some big fights in parking lots over her wanting to hold the leash in her mouth.
at first i didn't care so i let her do it but then found out why you all
advised  against it. now she trots right along like the perfect dog!

she chewed the  whole side of my Idaho Ash tree that blooms beautiful  pink
flowers in the Spring but after painting the trunk with Louisiana Hot Sauce  (
i was desperate) , she no longer does that either.  the counter surfing  is at
a minimum because i trained myself to be sure all objects were  well back
from the edges.  she is totally potty trained, goes to tbe back  door and barks a
small woof when she needs to go outdoors.

we laugh, we visit, she is my very best friend! she listens to my problems
with her great intelligence, cocking her head from side to side as she listens.
 then covers me with kisses when i am done. oh , what a girl Daisy is! what
was i  doing all these years without her?  she plays "catch" with her dog food
as  i toss it in the air, catching it most of the time. she plays 'fetch' with
her  ball, dropping it in front of me so we are done with the dangerous game
of tug  of war you warned me about.

she has her lunch with me at noon...she has a few pieces of shredded deli
turkey, some crumpled Doritos (3), a half piece of swiss cheese and an olive...
you cant forget the olive or she barks .... and then she goes in my room,
lays  down on her blanket on the floor and takes her nap so i can rest. at 7pm
she  climbs into her kennel, ready for bed, gets her Beggin Bacon strip and goes
to  sleep. i get her back up at 6:30 am every day. what a sweet and wonderful
dog  she is! i cant hardly believe it!

for those of you with new puppies, establish a comfortable routine for your
dog and stick to it day in and day out, don't deviate or you lose credibility
and ground gained already.  She is the center of my life now and i have all
of you to thank for it, you have helped me so much!  my gratitude to you  all
and my truly heart felt sorrow for those of you who have lost your dogs this
year. i can't imagine it, i really can't.   much love to you all and  to the
dogs, they are worth every misery you may suffer getting them to live in  the
house and yard in  relataive comfort with humans.   Sue/Daisy/Colorado