[Dailydrool] UM...what just happened

balange balange at olemiss.edu
Mon Sep 15 01:44:03 PDT 2008

So I'm upset. I need foster/adoption advice. I had
everything lined up for Ahroo-ba, I was looking for a home
visit. I have been in constant contact with the family.
Everything sounded wonderful. I had vet information, was
calling in the morning. Emailed the family to tell them that
I was going to forgo the home visit with their house photos
and bring Ahroo-ba this weekend while my husband was home. I
was trying to explain to Ahroo-ba that he was going to a new
family who would love him very much. And the mom emails me
back and tells me that it is too time consuming and
frustrating to try and adopt, that they are just going to
buy a puppy, that they have a few lined up. Thanks anyway!
This is a houndie life, this is a dog who deserves a better
life than I can give him. He has no where else to go. There
is no room in rescue, there is no where. and yet this family
thinks it takes too long for me to check them out. What do
you say to that? I am at my wits end, I thought I had found
the perfect home for him. They had a dog before with
heartworms, had already talked to their vet about the
treatment, ready for him. Now this........I just feel so
lost. Sure, I didnt want to see him go, but I didnt want
this to happen. I just cannot seem to find the words to
cover what Im feeling right now. This is twice this little
boy has been stuck back with me from the brink of a new home
that sounded so perfect, and I dont feel Im doing right by
any of my dogs. Whats an overwhelmed momperson to do? I rent
my home, I cant build on extra fencing, I cannot put in dog
doors, and I have one dog who absolutely cannot be with the
others, so its a constant ring of "puppy shuffling" to keep
the door darters away from the doors, the biters away from
the others, the food aggressive from the others, and there
is only so much time in the day. Any suggestions on how to
talk the landlord into letting me put up a new fence, and
enlarging the back yard? Oh yeah, and how to deal with the
heartbreak, and explain to a hound that the new boy he was
going to have doesnt want the frustration of checking them
out? They were fine yesterday.
Im sorry this is so long, I just had more to say than I
thought I did.
Bambi and da boys, who all want to know what just happened