[Dailydrool] total frustration

Susan Timmerman stimmerman at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 15 03:11:22 PDT 2008

I need to vent here folks!  Does anyone here know anyone in basset rescue
who went to that auction that they had in Windsor, Missouri this past
Saturday?  I wasn't there (even though in hind sight I wish I had gone) but
I do know a few folks who were there.  I was told that all the bassets were
bought by someone or more than one someone who was there "representing" more
than one basset rescue.  ONE basset was left behind.  Can anyone tell me why
that one basset was left behind?  That basset is very special to me!!!!  I
know she's only 4 years old so she wasn't left behind because she's a senior
(being a senior is not a good reason to have left her behind anyway).  Do
you all remember Mustang Sally?  She was the sweetest little PDA basset pup
that I fostered and then adopted.  If you'd like to see her picture and you
have one of the Daily Drool calendars look at November 26.  The basset that
was left behind was Mustang Sally's mom.  That basset's name is Laffy Taffy.
Do you all know what happened to Laffy Taffy after no one bid on her?  She
was GIVEN to another breeder!!!!!  NO CHARGE...given free to another
breeder!!!!!!  I am trying to track down the breeder that she was given to.
I am going to try to talk that person into giving her or selling her to me.
I hate BUYING from a breeder/puppymill but I'll do it to save Laffy Taffy
from a longer life of breeding.  Another reason for that is that I don't
want to see more puppies being born with PDA so that they suffer the way
Mustang Sally did.  From what I read when I had Mustang Sally, PDA is a gene
carried by the Mom that can be passed on to the puppies....not necessarily
all of them but at least some of them.

OK....I'm done "venting".  I didn't go to the auction because I heard that
basset rescues were going to be there and I was SURE that Laffy Taffy would
end up in rescue and end up with a wonderful home and a cushy life.  I guess
I was wrong.

Susan
Mom to Gertie, Jolly and Mustang Sally (ATB)

Please visit us at Chappy's Place
http://www.chappysplace.net

7 Bells Sanctuary - Senior Pet Rescue
http://www.7bellssanctuary.petfinder.com