[Dailydrool] Nudge Visits the Exclusive Spa in Western PA

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Mon Sep 22 16:49:52 PDT 2008

To All Droolers,

Sir Nudge here.  I have finally convinced my slaves to send me to the spa in Western PA run by goodslaves Pat Dill and Carol Sharp.  They have been trying for years to convince my slaves to let me visit.  You see, Pat & Carol wanted to adopt me at the very first Freedom Fest I attended, but Rich and Dawn already had dibs on me.  Just a few months later, Hugh needed rescuing in Mount Vernon, NY, and Pat & Carol adopted him instead.  Hugh went to the Rainbow Bridge in December, and everyone who met both of us thought that we looked alike and acted alike.  Dawnslave even had T-shirts made with a photo of both of us consulting at a basset event.  So Hugh and I considered ourselves cuzins.  Poor Cuzin Hugh.  But I digress.

Anyway, when Dawnslave found out that Pat & Carol-slaves were going to drive the nickzillion miles between Rural Valley, PA, and New Jersey TWO WEEKENDS IN A ROW (yesterday for the Reunion Picnic and next weekend for Taco WOOF Bell's 15th Gala Celebration), she relented and agreed that I could FINALLY get a week's vacation at the most fabulous basset spa in all of Western PA (are there any others?).  Pat and Carol slaves had to sign a contract in triplicate before I could go, and Dawn has Patslave's raffle prize (the much-coveted new Deb Winstanley sculpture) from the picnic as collateral for my safe return.

I was loaded into the van yesterday after the picnic festivities, and we all rested quietly on the way home.  At the rest stop where we pottied, several nice people stopped to  pet mememe and to comment on my elderly handsomeness.  So far, so good.

We got home late, and I was offered precious morsels of eggplant, tomato sauce and PASTA (my pawsonal favorite).  So with belly full and a nice soft bed, I went to sleep dreaming of the days of luxury to come.

I will try to paw through my adventures daily, though I warn you that spaces at the Rural Valley Basset Spa are filling up fast, and you all mustn't get your hopes up about coming any too soon.

FINALLY--out from under the iron paws of Cakie and TWB,

Nudge