[Dailydrool] the benefits of spaying and neutering your pets

Robbie Bagby jamalucy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 12:12:04 PDT 2008

I just read a post about feeling guilty about spaying a basset.
I work as the animal control officer for a law enforcement agency.
I also network with the local humane society for investigation of local
animal cruelty and the need for altering your pets.
I have the statistics for that particular shelter. It is staggering what one
shelter has to put down because of the over population of pets.
I wont post that info here unless it is requested i do so. But remember that
the statistics for this one shelter is just one in hundreds if not thousands
of shelters across the nation.
Since i work in law enforcement, we contract with a local vet so i
thankfully do not work in a shelter environment.
I have personally worked in two shelters. The situations behind the scenes
are horrific in many so called humane societies.
So please if you are not a show breeder that is required to have unaltered
registered dogs/cats, please have your pets spayed/neutered.
This type of surgery while yes it is major surgery makes for a happy pet for
the duration of that pets life.

--
Robbie, mom slave to Lucy, Jaime,
Devon, Daisy,  Sally Sue, Jeffery