[Dailydrool] CHRPPY

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:00:41 PDT 2009

Humphrey's had a messy day - bad diarrhea and lots of anal gland expressing.
However, there has been NO blood, and he seems to feel just fine; his best
friend, Louie Meatballs, came over and they ran, wrestled, and
alligator-mouthed for 2 hours. I'm hoping it's all on account of the anal
glands and not a germ, bacterium, or virus.

However, to play it safe, I made him CHRPPY, which is our acronym for his
'sick food':

CHicken (deboned, skinned breast meat only) - about 1/2 cup
Rice (White) - about 1/2 cup
Peas (Green) - about 4 Tablespoons
Pumpkin (Organic, canned pure pumpkin) - 1 can
Yogurt (Organic, fat free) - 1/4 cup

It also has about 2 teaspoons of bran flour in it for good, fibre-boosting
measure. But that doesn't fit into the acronym.

I boil the chicken, rice, peas, and bran flour together with unsalted water.
I add NO spices or herbs of any kind. Then I mix in the pumpkin & yogurt
and, when it's room-temp, give him about 1 cup of the CHRPPY.

My question is, is there anything I'm doing wrong? I have no reason to think
so, as he loves this mix and seems to handle it well (knock on wood). Is
there anything else I should add to help settle his stomach/increase his
fibre? Am I putting in something I shouldn't?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Humph hopes you'll tell me to triple
the chicken, although he loves this stuff enough as is.

Drool to all in need - we've got tons of it here tonight.

- Rebecca, Kit, Humphrey & Professor Bix