[Dailydrool] Protectress

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:33:32 PDT 2009

I have just spent the day in the company of my protectress.  It has rained all day.  Ninja has not left my side.  If I moved 2 inches, she moved 2 inches.  She has kept me safe all day.  I think she was keeping me safe from the other girls.  I have never had a basset who was my girl or boy.  They have always been equal opportunity cuddlers.  Not Ninja.   She has been mine from the beginning.

When we went to get her, we took Sunny with us.  Sunny was not impressed.  Sunny was never impressed with anyone but Josh and herself.  Ninja rode home on Nic's leg.  Not the best arrangement, I know but she felt safe there.  Nic is 6'3" and has very long legs.  Ninja lay on one leg lenghthwise and fell asleep.  Like she belonged there.  We stopped at a rest stop so we could "rest" and she walked like she knew us and owned us already.

Right now she is next to me watching for anyone getting to close to me.  She is very fierce in her protection.  She sleeps by me too.  No one would get close without my knowing.  Somehow she has decided I need her.  And I do.

I love bassets.  They are such goofy little creatures.  Ninja is the least goofy one we have.  She is a beautiful girl.  I'm glad I could spend the day with her and the others.  I love being protected.

Sending protective drool from Ninja.  And Wrestling drool from Marley, Maggie(the one with the most doofy look), and Shelby the foster(who is relaxing in the Dad's lap right now like she had done that all her life)