[Dailydrool] Fencing

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:32:12 PDT 2009

Hi rom Buttercup and Beaus Mom,  When we first moved to our current home we put up a four foot fence enclosing part of of our yard as we moved in with 4 human kids,2 older dogs and 3 puppies along with several cats.  Francie the smallest of the 3 puppies, all littermates, was amazingly good at sliding under the fence which led to me romping about the neighborhood in robe and slippers much to the concern of the UPS guy.  We ended up buying chickenwire and bending it at a 90 degree angle and using wires to attach the chicken wire to the fence and ground.   The grass grew up over it very nicely and I no longer had to chase Francie about in my nightthings.  Sadly all three puppies have now crossed the rainbow bridge and are now chasing eachother playing doggie tag.  They all died about a year apart, Bruno , the ,mostly lab mix just left us last Dec. He stayed around long enough to be nanny to both bassets, teaching us to tame the Beastly Buttercup.  Drool to Elwood and Miss Becky's Mom, Susan