[Dailydrool] Reminder

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 11:56:56 PDT 2009

Just to remind everyone that it is important: I had Conley chipped the other
day,and because I have so many dogs registered with AVID, it was free to
register Conley.
He is now identified in an unalterable way. No matter what someone says or
does, I can prove that Conley is Conley and that he is mine. I don't care
what company you use but I believe in microchips. He is inexpressibly
valuable to me, as are all my dogs and they are all chipped and all
registered. Remember if you chip a dog to follow up with the registration
with the company. I cannot tell you how many times I have called Home Again
or Avid with high hopes and a stray dog only to find that no one bothered to
file the number with the company.
Years ago I had a good friend tattoo her dog(it was before chips & mine were
also tattooed) and she called me maybe 6 mos after it had been done and said
"Who will know what this tattoo means?" and I said, well, the NDR (National
Dog Registry) with whom you registered the tattoo. Oh....you have to
REGISTER IT??? Uh...yeah, otherwise it is a meaningless thing. The same is
true for chips. If you do not register with the chip company, all you get
when you scan the dog is a meaningless chip number that comes back to
nothing.
CHIP YOUR DOGS and send in the paperwork & money. It is well worth it.

MomPerson who does not own stock in Avid.