[Dailydrool] Mortality

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:51:28 PDT 2009

As I look at 14.5 year old Charles, I contemplate my mortality (actually more his mortality as he does not seem to feel mort is in his near future).

Tell me, please, about the age of your old dogs or any Bassets you have had past the age of, say, 12 or 13.

We lost Winnie at 12.5.  She had lung cancer and her time had obviously come as she was having a big struggle just to breathe.  Charles is ancient and still greets every day with a doggy smile, wants his breakfast and his walkies.  So I am re-vamping my ideas on the lifespan of Basset Hounds.  Please share your experience with us all!

I met a 17 year old Basset once who was not doing so well.  I don't want Charles to ever stagger around and not enjoy his life like that dog seemed to be doing........

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me