[Dailydrool] Drool please

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 15:28:35 PDT 2009

Misty 1
Daddy's watchband 0

Misty decided that we were gone too long this afternoon and decided to
eat my husband's metal expandable watchband while we were gone.  She
seems to have a metal fetish -- licks the metal caps on the feet of the
dining room table too.
Since we decided to play it safe (weren't *sure* that she had eaten the
watchband, but couldn't find it anywhere), off we went to the vet and
had x-rays done.  Bingo.  One mass of metal in her stomach.
She is now being prepped for surgery and we will be called to fetch her
in a couple of hours.  Then we take her to the emergency vet service for
overnight care.  Then pick her up before 8 a.m. and return her to our
vet for observation and hydration during tomorrow.  With luck we bring
her home late tomorrow afternoon.
Remind me again why we wanted a second dog?????  <wry grin>

Kathie G