[Dailydrool] Basset Fred had serious health issues

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 20:19:36 PDT 2009

A few weeks back Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. reached out (with your help) to rescue a poor Basset boy named Fred from O'Fallon Missouri who was almost euthanized by his owner because he had infected anal glands and was not able to walk, dragging his back legs from a pinched nerve in his back. Fred had been eating Old Roy and had never taken heartworm preventative so when we got him we discovered he had several serious health problems. He was obese and undernourished from the Old Roy diet, he was not able to be neutered because he needed to lose weight and get his immune system built up to survive the surgery. He had to have antibiotics for his infected anal glands and his toenails were so long they were cutting into his pads, he underwent several tests to check his back problems, and he was tested for heartworms and that test came up positive so he needed to be heartworm treated. We have recieved donations on him but not enough to cover all
 of the bills, if anyone can help please send donations to Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. wmbri.org. Thank you so much for helping Fred.