[Dailydrool] vaccination question

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:30:35 PDT 2009

I know that some of you choose to give the minimal vaccinations and others
get all available. I was just wondering thoughts on giving vaccinations to a
senior basset.  When Maggie will be due for her annual vaccinations she will
be less than a month away from turning 10. I do know that rabies is a
requirement for the state.  I know that I could do titers (sp?) on her when
the time comes if my vet will agree. So, I guess I am asking when a basset
reaches a certain age---does anyone stop giving the extra vaccinations? I
know there will be opposing opinions, but just looking for guidance and the
reasoning behind whether to give or not to give.  I do opt now to get all
available vaccinations for all 4 hounds. We just stay at the office for any
reaction to lepto to be safe when they get the vaccination.Thank you,

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper