[Dailydrool] Dallas update

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Sat Apr 4 05:16:50 PDT 2009

Dallas spent part of her day with the vetman again Friday.  Her belly had
gone down considerably since Thursday morning, and she was able to have a
small amount of food Thursday evening.   She had to skip breakfast again
Friday as they wanted to redo the x-rays and see where things were.
Apparently she passed the nail,  but the screw is still in there, although
it had moved along. So guess what I get to do this weekend?  Go through
poop!  If I do not find it, she goes back in on MOnday for another xray to
see if I missed it or what.  ALso her liver enzymes are high,  we are
weaning her down on the prednisone to see if we can drop those.(She is on
pred for her really bad allergies).  SHe still has a UTI we treated for 2
weeks, so we are going for another 2 weeks on antibiotics,  her thyroid is a
bit low, but could be due to the infection,  she is a bit anemic,  and her
white cell count is hogher than it needs to be, again,  that is probably
related to the UTI.
Along with her antibiotics, she will be getting a cranberry supplement in
each meals,  after I check to make sure she was not allergic to that food.

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my old gal.  SHe is ornery and sassy,
but she is such a sweet one.  The people at the vet love her,  I think
mostly, she is so cute because her tongue hangs out of her mouth due to lack
of tooffies in teh mouth!

drool to all in need,
wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org
Check out Michael's Bow-wow Boutique at our website