[Dailydrool] Lucy B- ATB

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Thu Apr 9 11:04:03 PDT 2009

Lucy B Hound:  09/09/1995-04/07/2009

I am very sad to report that Lucy left for the Bridge Tuesday afternoon.  She was
doing pretty good then suddenly wasn’t.  Late in the afternoon she became extremely
weak, hardly able to stand or walk.  She tried to rally but was so tired.  I rushed
her to her vet.  He told me we had no good options left.  She was in obvious
distress so I helped  her to the bridge..  She died while I stroked her ears and
told her how lucky I was to have known the best dog in the world.

Lucy came to us as a “free to a good home” through friends.  I knew nothing about
bassets.  We only knew she was 6 months old.  I figured that since she was a puppy
we should get her a puppy bed.  Needless to say, she was already far too long to
fit into that bed!  She loved big dogs, the bigger the better and often tried to
swim like a lab.  She loved all kinds of fruit and veggies but bananas were her
favourite.

She was my heartdog.  My MIL used to call her a Mama’s dog because she was always
where I was.  Only Eyson rivaled me for her affections.  I certainly hope the
Bridge is ready for that rowdy reunion.  The two of them together were trouble with
a capital T!

Hug your hounds and whisper to them how wonderful they are.  13 years was not
nearly long enough with my sweet girl.

Jennifer
~~~~~~~
Abby and Eli (Lucy and Eyson ATB)
Arooo Y'all
~~~~~~~~
"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I
am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much
in loving a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if
they were to live double that time?”   Sir Walter Scott