[Dailydrool] Dandruff!

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 08:16:10 PDT 2009

Marilyn,

Basil has had dandruff since he got here, but it's gotten worse recently. We did switch his food because he was having stomach issues with the food he had been on when he arrived. He eats (at the vet's suggestion) Merrick's Before Grain buffalo kibble. No tummy troubles anymore. He did have a full workup when he got here, and got a clean bill of health. Obviously he wasn't tested for things like cancer, since there was no reason to.

He's also been rolling around in the grass a lot, so it may be allergies. I think I'll do what I do with my own health - try the easy solution first (I ordered some NOW Wild Salmon Oil), and if that doesn't help in a month or so, I'll talk to the vet. I also still have some of Waldo's shampoo left from a skin infection he had a few years back, so maybe I'll try giving Basil a bath, too.

Thanks for the advice.

Esther, Waldo ATB, and Basil