[Dailydrool] oopss... sorry about the post on Beau

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:17:12 PDT 2009

----------------------

Oops..... when I actually saw my post about Beau on the DD, I realized
I had repeated myself, in the whole first paragraph.  Sorry about
that!!

Thank you SOOOOOOO much to all of you who have so generously donated
already.  We are almost halfway to our goal of $2000 for Beau's
surgery!  Just so you know, any funds we receive over that goal will
go to pay our vet bills for the SEVEN heartworm positive dogs that
OMBR has gotten in since January; our vet has been very wonderful
about discounting costs for us, but those treatments still have used
up most of our current funds...

I promise our webmaster (webmistress?) will set up Beau with his own
page on our website this week, at www.ombr.org, so we can keep
everyone updated.  Thank you again, to all of you, for your generosity
to us and to little Beau.

-----------------------------------
(Original post - corrected):

OMBR has a problem. We have a little guy, named Beau, who came into
our rescue a short time ago.  He kept having incontinence issues, and
we finally got a diagnosis. He has a ureter that has bypassed his
bladder and is draining directly into his ureter, so he leaks
constantly. He needs surgery ASAP.  The estimate for surgery is right
at $2000, and we just don't have it.  OMBR has had a rough spring.
Seven of the last 9 dogs we've taken in have been HW+ and that
includes one that has been on Sentinel for the past year (documented,
even). So, for the first time in a couple of years, our well is close
to dry.  The economy has just about killed our
donations, too. So we are now begging for help for our wonderful
family of basset lovers.

If you can, please consider donating to Beau's care through our Paypal
account at ozarkmtnbasset at yahoo.com ;

or if you prefer, send a check to:
Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue, Inc
3090 N Old Wire Rd
Fayetteville, AR 72703-4645

Beau is the sweetest little man; he loves everybody, and is so
grateful for affection and a soft spot on the couch.  We need to get
him fixed up so he can find a loving, forever home of his own. You can
see pictures of Beau here:
http://photos.imageevent.com/menzie/ombr/websize/2a0230d1-a0f7-4709-8a59-b0656dbf4a86.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/menzie/ombr/websize/4a67d2b1-867a-45ef-a3f4-5cf0cc5e1686.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/menzie/ombr/websize/8b7b9a4a-41f9-4144-aa31-65866cb93fa3.jpg

And at his listing on our website:  http://ombr.org/availabledogs1.html

Thank all of you in advance for your help.
--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!