[Dailydrool] BARK FOR THE CURE - Saturday, May 9, 2009

Suzanne Fitch adopt4paws at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 17:33:16 PDT 2009

JOIN US FOR A 5K RUN/WALK AND MORNING OF ACTIVITIES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY, INCLUDING YOUR DOG!

 Freshpet and The Freshpet Foundation invite you to join us at Bark for the Cure, an event to raise money and awareness for canine cancer research.

Saturday, May 9, 2009
7:00am ...............Registration
9:00am ...............5K Start Time
9:45am ...............1 Mile Start Time

Liberty State Park
(at Liberty Walk, near the CRRNJ Terminal)
At the end of Audrey Zapp Drive
Jersey City, NJ

Pre-Registration Fees:
$20 (Children under 10 Free)
$1 for Dogs

Race Day Registration Fees:
$25 (Children under 10 Free)
Additional fees for parking
will apply (cash only).
Consider the environment - carpool!

A SHORT DISTANCE CAN GO A LONG WAY TOWARDS FINDING A CURE

Freshpet®, the only U.S. manufacturer and marketer of fresh, refrigerated food for dogs, believex that good nutrition leads to a healthier life for our companion animals. They are proud to announce the formation of The Freshpet® Foundation, a 501(c) (3) non-profit charitable organization, whose mission is to support canine nutritional research in the areas of prevention, care and treatment of diseases in dogs, including cancer. The foundation's first major fundraising initiative is Bark for the Cure, a five kilometer run/walk for people and their dogs, which will be followed by a post-race celebration that includes disc dog and agility dog exhibitions, a search & rescue dog demonstration, food, music and various pet and human related products and services. All proceeds from Bark for the Cure will be donated to The Freshpet Foundation.
for more information or to register or donate
go to www.barkforthecure.com
The Freshpet Foundation is committed to helping our closest
companions lead long, healthy and disease-free lives.

Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue will have a table at the BARK FOR THE CURE event on May 9th. Freshpet has been very generous in their donations of food and treats to our rescue, and now is helping out in the fight to cure canine cancer.

Come on out and dress up your hound - maybe a running outfit? How about an "Official Taste Tester" outfit ???!!! Whatever you decide, the bassets will always be a crowd pleaser!  Help us spread the news about basset rescue while having a fun time with the hounds!