[Dailydrool] BROOD Ramble - May 30th

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Tue Apr 21 10:50:02 PDT 2009

Ramble 2009 - Tour de Basset - at Fido's Friend, May 30th

Fido's Friend, a farm in Thurmont, MD, is set up as a playground for dogs.
Come and enjoy agility, the luring course and a lovely Ramble through the
fields.  Every dog completing the Ramble will receive the winner's yellow
bandana (which you can personalize at the Fashion/Funny Hat booth).  For the
humans, yellow wrist bands declaring your support for the BROOD 2009 - Tour
de Basset will be available for a small fee.

When you register and submit your pledges, you will receive a token of
appreciation (we'll keep it a surprise).  For those who have brought in $100
or more, you will receive a coupon redeemable for all the pledge incentives
to which you are entitled.  So you enter the large enclosed field surrounded
by bassets happily running free and head straight for the BROOD merchandise
table to redeem your coupon.  Then you need to pause and shop around for
more basset stuff.  There will be other vendors to entice you, too.  Tom
Schreck, author of the Duffy Dombrowski Mysteries, will be there with his
latest book AND Frank Monahan with Stanley and Norman, stars of the book,
"Stanley & Norman, Bad Boy Bassets".

To show off your creative side, we will have the Fashion/Funny Hat booth
where you can create this year's top fashion hat fit for the Paris runway
perfect to enter your basset in the Fashion Hat contest.  OR the Paw Art
booth where you can immortalize your basset's paw in clay and decorate it
for a keepsake.  For those who have lost a treasured basset, there will be
the Rainbow Bridge Memorial.  You can purchase a heart to place on the
Rainbow and you will receive a dog angel pin to wear.  The hearts are big
enough that you can add a small wallet-sized picture if you want and after
the Ramble, you can take your heart home with you.

Of course, what would a Ramble be without the contests!  Longest ears, most
freckles, best kisser, etc. and the Hat fashion show.  Winners receive
ribbons and certificates proclaiming to the world your basset was the best
at Ramble 2009.  And the biscuit races will prove that food is a basset's
best friend!

And don't forget the plethora of raffle baskets to win AND the RAMBLE
AUCTION.  So many great items that we now have to have a live and silent
auction just so you can see it all.

With all that, how could you not come!  Come the night before and stay at
the Super 8 Motel and enjoy food and fellowship with other basset hound
foodslaves.  I hope to see you all there.  Register at
http://www.brood-va.org/ramble/rambleinfo.htm

Liz Kielley
BROOD 2009 Ramble Coordinator