[Dailydrool] Lucy transforms into an evil beast

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Tue Apr 21 11:53:06 PDT 2009

Poor Lucy,   She had Uviitus twice this past winter.   She was okay for awhile and a couple of weeks ago started with eye goopies.  I started washing her eyes and they started looking real good.

This morning she went out to do her business and then came back quite bouncy.  She started playing with Marty and Bo,  Barking and howling and running.

I finally had enough of the noise and yelled her name.  She turned to look at me and scared me to death.   She looked like an evil beast with bright red cherry eyes.
I thought her eyes were popping out.

I put everyone in their crates/kennels and fed them.   Lucy always takes a nap after breakfast, and I called the vet for an appt thinking the worse.

I get her out to go to the vet and her eyes are perfectly normal looking.  I put her in the car crate and off we went.    I go to get her out of the car and they are bright red again.   By the time the vet comes in the room they are normal looking.
How totally bizarre.   Maybe she is a werewolf.

The vet takes her eye pressure=normal.   checks tear production=normal, stains them and looks for abrasions=normal.   All tests normal.  So we got some ointment and some kind of holistic plant based steroid that isn't suppose to cause weight gain or excess peeing.  (I have worked for months to get Lucy down to 50 lbs.).

Vet thinks she just got some dirt or something in her eyes when playing or maybe an allergy (which would be strange since she is almost 5 and has been allergy free).

me,  I think she is just playing werewolf to freak me out.
Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/