[Dailydrool] post surgery - ideas to get her to eat?

DEVIN AND JOYCE KATHOL guidogumby at msn.com
Wed Apr 22 11:05:47 PDT 2009

Rocky had the stuffed item removed from her intestines Friday then Monday in the early morning hours they decided they needed to go back in and remove 15cm of intestines - today she still is NOT eating - they had said she needed to eat and hold down food before they would let her come home but I convinced them that they should let her come home with the agreement that she would go back if I cant get her to eat at home - what I'm asking for is any suggestions so far we have tried baby food, canned dog food, cheese, rice, chicken, crackers, lunch meat and various doggie treats - I'm going to head to the store and get some cottage cheese.  She is drinking some water.  While they want her to eat a bland diet they said right now anything she will eat is fine.  Thanks to all who have sent drool/prayers - they really help.  I know I need to be patient...