[Dailydrool] EPA to Boost Analysis of Flea and Tick Pet Products

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 06:26:09 PDT 2009

Hi all, while this is not specifically Basset related, I know most of
us have our furbabies on flea & tick products, so I thought this
worth passing on.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced that they are
stepping up the investigation of spot-on flea and tick control products
for pets because of a recent spike in the number of reported adverse
affects.

The EPA is evaluating incidents associated with all spot-on
flea and tick products, but some products have been reported at a
higher rate. Topping the list are prescription products Promeris and
Frontline as well as over-the counter products Sentry, Sergeant’s and
Zodiac. These are said to account for 80% of reported adverse affects,
and the majority of are dog-specific products.

At this time there are no product recalls or specific precautions.

Here is a link to the EPA report.  http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/health/flea-tick-control.html

 Karen and Roscoe, Millie, Elwood & Beatrix
"Our dogs see us through more than they put us through" - Ken Foster