[Dailydrool] Mango is home

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Mon Apr 27 17:13:10 PDT 2009

Mango is home after a nice stay at the vestpital since Friday and has reportedly been her normal spunky self all weekend. She did have a significant GI bleed but things seem to be calming down. She is on famotidine and carafate for her stomach and I/D food. He won't talk about taking the masses off until her stomach is back to normal. It's possible that it is a mast cell tumor in her gut that is bleeding but we aren't sure. When he does her surgery he will scope her stomach and take biopsy samples as well. If the bleeding doesn't resolve, and a scope doesn't show anything, then it would be an ex lap to look at the intestines and remove any obvious mass, but the mast cell may be more disseminated and not removable. That would be worst case. Anyway, she is home, happy, and gobbled her dinner. I'll be on poop watch indefinitely.

Kirby was playing alligator mouth with Maya and took a brief romp in the yard with Maya, Kahuna and Pearl today, so he continues to improve every day.

Maybe we are finally mending around here....what a thought!

Drool to all who are in need!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Mango, in transit Bodhi
Ace, Maya, Sage, Kirby