[Dailydrool] Demodex, neem powder & a jerk

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:59:53 PDT 2009

I have Hal, my foster doggie (17mo old basset boy) being treated for
demodectic mange.  He's doing extremely well & today his vet prescribed neem
powder for him.
She gave me the info on it from Buck Mountain Botanicals, Inc. & said to
call.  I did.  The man who answered wouldn't give me any ordering info
because I'm not a vet or a pet store owner.  I explained I could order it
thru my work (Pet's R Precious), He said he didn't understand me, call my
vet so they could order & hung up on me.  I called him back & told him I
would certainly call my vet... the Basset network & the Herbal network to
inform them of their "customer service".

http://www.buckmountainbotanicals.net/treatments/parasitedust.html This is
the link for the stuff. Supposed to be great & vet reccomended.

So... I'll make their damn powder myself!  It's sooooo simple.  Neem powder,
yarrow powder & diatom flour.  Supposed to be good for fleas too!  Anybody
interested in it feel free to email me offlist & I'll give you the formula I
use!  As far as that's concerned, I can tell you how to make any of the
herbals they have listed, & where to get the herbs.  Or where to buy similar
formulas elsewhere.

I'll end my tirade & get off my soap box now.  <g>
Vikki, (growling)
Spencer/cujo, Sassy Sarah Suzy, Hal E. Bear, Sebastian atb, Natasha atb