[Dailydrool] Flying bassets

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Thu Apr 30 21:03:36 PDT 2009

I would rather not fly my dogs but occasionally I've had to do so. It has usually gone without a hitch except for the time I shipped Mariah to Phoenix to attend some dog shows. She was left behind at the SLC airport but arrived an hour late on the next flight.
I got a refund of half the cost because of that. On the way back, the person staking her to the airport sent the wrong basset. They had another basset girl who looked alot like Mariah and she responded when Mariah's name was called. They were related. It's very stressful worrying about them until you know they arrived safely.

I've used Delta's counter to counter service and shipped on United and Alaska Airlines. All provided good service. I prefer traveling with my dogs to the destination. The dogs have all done fine. I have had two puppies shipped here both from Wisconsin and they arrived just fine. A little scarred but that didn't last long. As soon as I got them out of their crates they were wagging all over and licking my face. Both worship the ground I walk on. LOL

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets