[Dailydrool] Sallly

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Tue Aug 18 05:03:41 PDT 2009

My sad condolences to you for your precious Sally. 16 years is a long life for a Basset, but no number is ever enough. My Basset boy will be 15 in Oct and he has slowed down so much. I hope you will soon enjoy the many wonderful memories of the precious and funny times she must have given you. I am sure as most Basset parents, you have a ton of beautiful pictures or even movies. For the moment though, I share your sorrow and tears. Our Basset bosses have a way of appointing the schedule and the layout of the household. Letting them go when they are in pain is such a difficult thing, but watching them hurt is also. I know you made the best decision for her, because you made it with knowlege and a heart of love. Tears and prayers for you.