[Dailydrool] My LittleOld Man - Charlie

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Sat Aug 1 14:21:39 PDT 2009

Charlie had  his 6 month blood work done because he is on Rimydal, and  his
liver enzymes are fine, but his bun and other kidney level is above
normal.  In Feb. the readings were high normal, but  now they are over  normal,
which the vet feels is due to  very early renal  failure.  That explains his
white pee, and the volume  of  it.  I will take a sample  in on Monday, but
bought him some kidney  diet food and will start watching his treats and
other things.  I  plan to talk with the vet in more detail on Monday, now that
I am over the  initial shock and can think more clearly.  I know that at 13
things start  to fail, but one does not want to hear it.  At least the vet
said that with  proper diet and care, he could be around for a year or so.
So a little  drool is needed to keep him going for a while yet.  Anyone going
through  this before with words of wisdom will be very appreciated.  At
least I have  time to prepare and spoil him, not like with Cheyene.  We are
going out to  the lake tonight and tomorrow, and will have a good time.

DDropp

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)