[Dailydrool] Oops! Did I do that?

sgmoose at optonline.net sgmoose at optonline.net
Sun Aug 2 04:19:16 PDT 2009

Psssst...over here...in the crate.  It's me wee Gracie Allen.  I don't write very often because I'm so busy parolling the perimeter of the yard and keeping us safe from the groundhogs but since I've been thrown in jail I have some time on my paws and well, frankly I'm bored and more than a little worried that the blondeslave really meant it when she said that after what I did I can stay in here forever.  Here's what happened.  The blondeslave was sitting outside with us hounds reading the paper on the deck.  Dadslave came outside with a plateful of really yummy eggs and stuff for the blondeslave-I could swear he winked at me, wee Gracie Allen, you know, like he meant for part of that plate of food to be mine.  So I was waiting patiently-okay-not so patiently-by the blondeslave's right elbow on the deck.  The Pw and Huggie were laying in front of the blondeslave under the table.  Moosie was on the ground behind the blondeslave and Clyde Kadiddlehopper was pacing and fretting behind Moosie.  So I was monitoring the situation as the blondeslave kept shoveling MY eggs in her mouth-I was beginning to get a little worried she'd eat them all-then it happened.  Moosie shifted his weight which I pawhaps mistakenly took for a move toward MY quickly disappearing eggs.  I launched myself off the deck and on to Moosie with a roar.  Not only did I nail his ear but I knocked him over.  Like really over-upside down Moosie. You know-he kind of looked like a big bug on his back flailing his legs around and bellowing.  Then Clyde who isn't sure what's going on but instinctively senses it's something impawtent leaps into the fray and on top of Moosie who now has Clyde's ear in his mouth.  Meanwhile the blondeslave grabs on to my collar and hauls me off Moosie Bear and the dadslave, known for his innovative  use of common household objects like potholders, grabs the metal water bowl, throws the water on the 3 of us then bangs the empty bowl on the patio scaring the whatsus out of Clyde who runs for the safety of his crate-SLAM-the door closes on Clyde who actually seems okay with this.  Moosie uprights himself and starts running around the family room blood dripping everywhere.  The blondeslave grabs me, wee Gracie Allen, in a most undignified manner and puts me on the other side of the gate in the family room.  Dadslave is trying to get Moosie Bear to stop running around and the blondeslave is checking Clyde's ears.  No damage.  She tells dadslave to just let Moosie calm down for a minute.  I am observing all of this from my side of the gate.  Once Moosie calms down she can see I just knicked his ear a little and he'll be fine.  Then she did something horrible.  She went and got the rest of MY eggs and gave them to Moosie Bear while I had to sit helplessly and watch.  THEN she dragged me, wee Gracie Allen, upstairs and threw me in my crate-SLAM!!  Do you think she really meant I have to stay in jail forever?