[Dailydrool] underarm discoloration

Phil Guinn guinnirish at cox.net
Tue Aug 4 07:11:43 PDT 2009

My boys have that problem.  Jake last year and Maxx this year.  The vets tell me it is a fungus or bacteria and they recommend Malaseb Medicated Shampoo and wash often.  Then two or three times a day apply Malaseb Spray or another brand name equilivant.

A good friend makes soap and she made Jake some bars of soap with tea tree oil in them.  I tried that and then applied an athlete's foot ointment and I think that worked better.  Since it is a fungus get something gentle to attack it.

If Dicey is anything like Jake he won't be fond of getting hims underarms sprayed and Jake IS NOT found of baths. Good luck.

Phil Guinn, Jake, Maxx & Myrtle