[Dailydrool] Another day, another step forward

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Wed Aug 5 12:49:08 PDT 2009

I didn't intend to post today, but had 2 things happen in the last 24 hours.....

Sophie howls :)    Holly and Sophie were in the yard last evening when my neighbors had the nerve to come out into their own back yard.  Holly immediately started to BAROO, loud enough to be heard in a 5 mile radius.  Then I heard a quieter voice howling.  I actually thought Holly was losing her voice, until I looked and Sophie was sitting on the top step with her head thrown back, and howling to beat the band.  Once I got them inside Sophie took up guard duty at the back door and everytime someone moved in my neighbors yard, or house, she let us all know about it.  But she will stop when I tell her it's all okay.  Now only if she could teach Holly to understand those words...LOL

And then this morning Nancy took her cranberry tablet in peanut butter right off my finger.  I didn't expect her to do it, but thought I would just try it, and she licked it right off my finger.  Then Sophie spit her cranberry tablet out and onto the floor and Nancy came right out of her crate to get it.  She must really like peanut butter b/c I was still in the kitchen and she rarely comes out of her crate when I'm in the same room.  Another day, another step forward :)

Suz
Holly Noelle - I have to protect my property - BAROOOOOOO
Sophie - I can howl
Nancy - I like peanut butter
Pw Gina Marie ATB
Forever in my Heart