[Dailydrool] grass eating now tearing up the yard

Sue Stevens onslowbasset at att.net
Fri Aug 7 17:09:59 PDT 2009

Okay - I know eating grass and weeds can be pretty common. Onslow has
become more than fixated with getting a mouthful or two of the green
stuff. It started in the spring with the sweet new grass - we thought
once it wasn't so new he'd slack off. No such luck. He has just
become more persistent. He used to delicately select the kind of
grass he likes best - he favors crab grass and certain weeds. We had
to stop walking him around the neighborhood because he would take
mouthfuls of other people's grass and then get sick if it was
treated. So just his own yard now. But now he is taking such big
mouthfuls he is tearing it out roots and all. We're going to end up
with ripped up spots!

What gives?

Onslow is on something of a diet - just less kibble since he had
gained some weight due to the lack of walking. I have tried giving
him green beans with his kibble to help him fill up and get some
green stuff. But that didn't seem to have any impact - granted, I
only tried it for about a week.

any advice is welcome!! thanks - and drool to those in need -

Sue Stevens and Onslow (whattaya mean I'm not a cow?)