[Dailydrool] Mathilda Update

Celine Rupka crupka at mycybernet.net
Sun Aug 9 09:03:06 PDT 2009

First... thanks to all the droolers who responded with help/ideas for
Mathilda and her itching/licking/ear gunk problem.

I'm sure this is an allergy, and have decided to have her allergy
tested, however, where we live (Southern Ontario), the vet-
dermatologists will not do any testing until the end of September, due
to the high possibility of false positives on the test, due to all the
stuff in the air/on the ground.  So... in the meantime, I have decided
to take the advice of several droolers, and am switching Mathilda to a
"wheat-free" diet, to see if this will help.  Nothing to lose right?

But... this means getting rid of a bunch of treats which I have,
because I buy all-natural treats from a dog bakery, about an hour from
my house.  I know the ones with wheat flour need to go... but what
about the ones with spelt or oat flour?  Should I get rid of these as
well?  Any help from droolers who have their bassets on a wheat-free
diet would be fabulous!

Thanks!

Celine and Mathilda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkwowpAYe-g