[Dailydrool] 8/9/09 It's Blue's Calendar Day!

Susan Tonjes sdtonjes at comcast.net
Sun Aug 9 11:00:39 PDT 2009

August 7 was the 10th anniversary of when Blue & his littermate Jonesy came to live with us as 8-week old pupsters.  We lost Jonesy to mast cell tumors about 3-1/2 years ago, but Blue is going strong.

Blue isn't the mean dog that he looks like in this picture, but he does love his spot on the chaise with his pink rosebud quilt.  We recently had our 2-year old grandson visiting for a couple of weeks and Blue was not happy that Parker took over his spot on the couch AND his quilt.  But all's right with the world now that Parker has gone home!

Blue is definitely a senior now.  He lost an eye to glaucoma in Sept. 2007 and he has more white in his face and a little arthritis in his hips and back.  He grumbles or sighs when meals aren't served as promptly as he thinks they should be but all in all he is just a good old hound!  And we know who is in charge around here and it's not us!

Susan & Blue Tonjes
Jonesy ATB