[Dailydrool] Morse, wheat allergies, and Annie

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Aug 10 06:25:59 PDT 2009

First, I have to say that perhaps the funniest part of Morse's latest video was his mom, yelling "No!" at him. Drew still laughs at the way I used to yell, "No, no, no!" at Jane when she was a pup. I would know she was getting into trouble but couldn't get to her fast enough. So I'd yell that at her, very loud and fast. Not that it ever stopped her, but I guess I felt I was doing something. I rarely do that anymore, so it brought back memories.

On the wheat allergy problem. Rye flour and oat flour or whole oats are OK. You might even try rice flour. But I think spelt is very basic form of wheat, so that may still cause trouble--besides, that flour is quite expensive. If you make your own treats and change the flour type, you will almost certainly have to vary the amount you use. I usually just add whatever makes for a good dough consistency. For recipes, check out the Daily Drool Web site, the tab that says Treats.

Congrats to Annie on finding a new, forever home. Every hound is beautiful, but especially those with beautiful spirits.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets