[Dailydrool] Now I Know Why He Stopped Eating

Matt Gold emgee752001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 09:35:36 PDT 2009

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I had posted about my hound Walter who had stopped eating dry food.  Thanks so much for all the suggestions and information from everyone who replied.  Unfortunately my greatest fear has been realized - Walter has been preliminarily diagnosed with cancer at age seven-and-a-half.  The vet told me she couldn't say for sure, but it looks like either ademocarcinoma (anal gland) and/or lymphoma.  To be 100% sure, the doc said she would need to do "radical" surgery - removing the gland, lymph nodes and part of his intestines - followed by a course of chemotherapy.  Obviously I'm not eager to put my boy through this.  I've been reading a lot about diet, immune system and homeopathy.  Has anyone ever used immune system boosters like K-9 Immunity?  For diet, right now he's eating chicken and rice, but I've read about raw food diets and wondering if anyone has tried it, or has any recipes they could share.  Any other suggestions for
 keeping my hound as happy as possible for as long as possible would be greatly appreciated.

We appreciate all positive drool sent our way!