[Dailydrool] Basset Intelligence

Shelli Hart fireangelgp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:50:03 PDT 2009

I have to chime in here a bit... Hounds in general are more intelagent then
alot of people give them credit for. I know Hunter knows alot of words and
is still learning more. It realy depends on the breed too. Walker and Blue
Ticks are very intelagent I know first hand because my father use to run
hounds. I would much have my basset then the bigger breads of hounds.
 I have found that Hunter dose alot of thing the bigger breads dont do. He
is my little barrel of laughs. If there is a way for him to cheat he dose
it!!! He figured out last year at the basset hound games here in Oregon that
he could go over the tunel in the maze by jumping on it and it colapsing.
This year he never tryed to go threw it he just jumped on it!!!! last year
was the first time he has ever seen a tunel!!!! I know other breads of dogs
that wouldnt have figured that out and remembered they could do that... He
knows when Im not feeling good and he stays with me and only the family is
alowed around me. He is my buddy that protects me and my lap dog (or so he
thinks)....

Shelli Foodslave to Hunter, Harley and Levi