[Dailydrool] Elder Clara-Built Hound Dawg Tuff!!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 18:05:13 PDT 2009

Momma here, and Yes, Brudder Elwood is still kicking, we have just been on the silent side of late. Elder Clara had me very worried, and I was--shall we say- in a state, I couldn't even ask for drool. If I wrote it, it upset me worse. At Elder Clara's age-14----- things can go from bad to worse real fast.

Clara has a heart murmur, and has been on meds since she came to her forever home here 2 1/2 years ago. No real issues, but in the past 2 weeks, she got slower, panting, roaring less at Elwood, and what was even more alarming was he would not roar at her. He gave her space, sniffed her, was a gentleman. I about fell out. I took her to see Doc-now this was a moment-as she protested from start to finish-Doc was concerned, her heart murmur appeared worse, he recommended a trip to a cardiologist. I made the appointment, took the day off, and her we go.

Clara was not thrilled. Clara spent 6 hours being tested, they went very slow, to help her calm down. During this time I sat in the waiting room talking to all the others bringing in other heart patients. Dogs of all breeds, and of all stages of heart problems.

Elder Clara was the oldest of them all in that day. I listened as folks told of numerous meds, how often they are seen, and I kept thinking of Clara's age compaired to all the others.

They finally called us back. Results are now in. Blood and urine, fine. Blood pressure, very good. Heart rate okay, and heart murmur is mild to slightly moderate. She adjusted the meds she is already on, discussed her "fat pads"--wants her to loose 10 pounds-and said take her home, love her, and come back in 2 months.

I was thrilled, astounded, my prayers were answered.

Clara walked in the house, roared at Jake, chased him across the kitchen, and demanded her dinner bowl. Fat pads be damned-

Elder Clara is built Hound Dawg Tuff--

Drool to all in need---and PLEASE sign the petition to speak for Annie-

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts