[Dailydrool] Honey is sick from tramadol

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 17:52:03 PDT 2009

Hi, Honey was on tramadol an deramaxx, because a back  injury, and she was
shaking from the pain.  My vet put her on it, for just  4 days, and she was
fine.  then we went to the therapist for her back, to  get her measured for
a cart, and to see if she was going to be able to walk  again.  Her back
legs went out. Anyway, the therapist told us to continue  the tramadol, every
day, every 8 hrs. even for at night sleeping, and a deramaxx  every other
day, even though she wasn't in pain, that I could  tell.
Well, that was Wed........Thursday she started  throwing up, then seemed
kind of ok, so like a dummy I did the tramadol and the  deramaxx once again
this morning, and she has thrown up about 4 times now today.  I talked to my
regular vet, and he said STOP the tramadol and deramaxx  immediately.  She
had to take clavamax for a UTI she got from the tramadol.  So now for 24 hrs.
no food, she drank some water, and threw it up about 90  minutes later.  he
said let her just rest.  if she wants half a cup of  water before bed,
that's ok, if she wants it, otherwise let her just rest.  Needless to say my
stomach is in a knot, every time she moves I look at  her.  I am just praying
that on Saturday she will be ok again, so please,  droolers, some drool this
way would be greatly appreciated.....has anyone else  gone thru this with the
medication??????????  thanks so much  everyone..........