[Dailydrool] Basset-proof trash cans?

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:24:56 PDT 2009

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good "basset-proof" trash can? We
have a tall, 13 gallon type with the dome shaped lid that swings back and
forth, and our SallyMonster examines it frequently for tasty treats. Despite
our best efforts in cramming it up against the wall so that Sally can't push
her head into the lid, she still manages to fish around in it.
I found this "touchless" trash can with a motion sensor:
http://www.amazon.com/iTouchless-Stainless-Steel-Hands-Free-13-Gallon-Automatic/dp/B000EJVYTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250525818&sr=8-1

It looks too good to be true, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with
one of these? Will an evil basset figure out the motion sensor and get into
it anyway?! Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Emily, mama to SallyMonster and Mister BeauMan from Kentucky