[Dailydrool] debarking

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 17 11:06:59 PDT 2009

None of my dogs are debarked, and I, too,  use to think it was cruel.
But in some places anti-barking (nuisance laws) are very strict and nasty.  If barking can result in having your dog removed and put down by animal control then maybe debarking is a much kinder solution.
>From what I've learned, if done correctly, the dog is fine and from those who have debarked their dog, the dog doesn't care.   They can still bark it is just much quieter.
It might be a better solution then shock collars , keeping the dog in, or always reprimanding him/her.

I am glad I haven't had to make those tough choices, my guys are pretty good about not barking unless their into a good game.  But I try to reserve judgment on others due to the present anti-dog climate running through the country.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
www.bassethoundclubofwpa.com
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/