[Dailydrool] Debarking

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:56:21 PDT 2009

Although none of my dogs have been debarked, I'm for it in certain
circumstances.  If you have a choice between giving up your beloved pet,
moving (if you can), or putting them down because of noise complaints, then
I'd rather have that simple procedure done.  (It is simple, & yes I've seen
it done.) My sis had a husky that had been debarked when we rescued her.
She would stand and "bark" for hours, & howl too.  So was actually really
nice that she was a whisperer.
My Sara Sue has a bark that'd put a beagle to shame.  Awful shrill for a
basset.  She loves to bark all the time.  I've been working with her since I
got her in feb. to curb the extra barking, & it has helped.  But if I had to
have it done, or lose her... <shrug> but it would be the last resort.
Vikki mom to:
Spencer, Sara Sue, Hal E. Bear
Sebastian atb, Natasha atb