[Dailydrool] Storms

Kathy Agel kathy.agel at verizon.net
Tue Aug 18 08:19:28 PDT 2009

>I know it has seemed to work no matter what the breed dog we have if
>we start early enough in their lives.  Our JRT always hid in the
>dark bathroom in the tub with a blanket we were never able to help her.

It's funny you should mention your JRT, as our younger Jack, Katie,
has recently become terrified of  storms. She's 4-1/2, and no amount
of noise ever used to bother her, but in the past two months, thunder
will send her under the bed. Storms don't bother Tucker (our older
Jack, who happens to be her great-uncle) at all.

The Bassets (Davey ATB, and Molly and Emily, the resident queen and
princess) completely ignore thunderstorms, though my Mini Schnauzer
used to stand on his hind legs at the window and bark at the noise.
My childhood GSD was terrified of them, though, and so was the Beagle
who was our 1-year wedding anniversary present to ourselves.