[Dailydrool] Daffodil's Nails

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sat Aug 29 17:43:57 PDT 2009

Daffodil and I had quite a time getting her nails trimmed at the vet's
office this weekend.  First I had to get her into the building and that took
about 15 minutes (from the parking lot in front of the building).  Her
little nose was a twitchin' and her feet were planted...  Next time I put
her in the halter!  I knew if I pulled too hard, she's just pull out of the
collar.

Once in the building, she made it clear that this was not something that she
was going to participate in willingly.  Muzzle...holding tight...vet, tech
and Mom over basset!  Nail clipped, shots given, new medication...

She will now receive her own canine Xanax prior to nail trimming time.  Has
anyone ever used Alprazolam?  It is literally Xanax under a different name.
2mg. tablets and her 59 lbs. gets about 1/2 pill about an hour before
leaving for the vet.

I know it will be easier next time because of the halter, but I'd like to
know how dogs have reacted to the medication...if anyone has tried it.

Thanks.
Katie, Lilie and Daffodil