[Dailydrool] Cysts

Bassetmomx2 Hound bassetmomx2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:15:45 PST 2009

My oldest basset Augie has a couple of cysts on his body. I had the largest
one biospy'd abot 2 years ago & it wasn't cancer, matter of fact the vet
really couldn't get anything from it. At that time it was the size of maybe
a 1/2 cup. Since it wasn't bothering him & his age, we just continued to
monitor it. Well, it proceeded to grow to a very large size, it had gotten
huge to the size of you can cup both your hands & it fills it up.

Anyway, I started him on flaxseed oil & cottage cheese from a post I read
about a week ago on the Drool. Well it is shrinking! Slowly, I made sure it
wsan't my wishful "seeing", by asking my husband if he noticed anything
different about the lump (he didn't know I started treating it) and he said,
it looks like it is going down. So, I am so grateful!
Augie is a good dog, he is loyal, sweet & loving. He was my fisrt basset &
once we saw him we were totally smitten. He will be 12 in March & he
deserves to continue to live a good life.

Thanks to the the Daily Drool and the great basset people who share their
knowledge, you all have helped my guys so much throughout the years.

Sylvia, aka bassetmomx2, Augie Dawg Doggie & Yankee (Spank)