[Dailydrool] Lucy

Melissa Volger volger at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 28 12:08:02 PST 2009

Lucy is not eating since Basil passed away on 12/5.  At first she would nibble on human food or treats, but now she will not accept any type of food.  We are giving her supplements and fluids via a doggie syringe.  She vomits bright yellow bile on a daily basis and is getting thinner and weaker.

We are taking her to the vet tomorrow.  She had blood work done last week which came back normal.  We think she is still grieving and has a seriously irritated stomach from all the stress and vomiting.  I know that a lot of you have experienced the same thing.  What have you tried?  Should she be on meds/anti-depressants?  We are worried sick for her...

Melissa
Slave to Lucy, Hanky Pancakes the foster, and Basil (ATB)