[Dailydrool] Cassie Update

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 12:44:27 PST 2009

Our trip to the vetman last night basically confirmed everything.  She has a mass in her abdomen that was bleeding but has stopped for now.  They were able to take xrays.  It looks like it is next to her spleen.  Not sure if the growth is attached to the spleen or something else.  Only way to know for sure is ultrasound and surgery.

SO - Here I am with my girl who is on more meds than any one dog should be.  It is hard to want to put her through more surgery (She's already had 2 surgeries for lumps in her life).  I am scared that her heart might not be able to handle the anesthesia (sorry for spelling).  Another risk is if they go in and it is something that they can't remove and it is life threatening they might put her to sleep.  If I am lucky and it is just attached to her spleen it would be simple and they could remove it all and then it's over and gone.  Am I that lucky? Why do I doubt that it would be that easy?

Our other option is to just let it go and see what happens.  She does have the risk that if it starts to bleed again like that, that she might bleed to death.  Although I honestly don't know how she managed to survive those 2 days over t-giving if it was that bad.

She's acting fine, I got more pred's and we will be stepping down the dosage to get her off of them over the next 8 days.  She was quiet this morning, but yesterday she was full of her boxer piss and vinegar.  I'm sure she is probably tired from all the poking and prodding last night.  I know how I feel after a doctor visit like that.

I guess it might be easier if she didn't have the heart problems.  I wonder if there are other options.  I love her and I would do anything for her.  I just don't know what to do or think right now.  It's hard when she seems to be feeling fine, but for how long, I don't know.

I'm sorry to ramble.  I guess I just need to think about things and do what my heart feels is right, but what is that right now, I wish I knew.  I wish I could wish hard enough to make all her lumps and bumps and heart problems go away and keep her by my side forever.

I do want to thank everyone that wrote me yesterday.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Love and drool to all,

Annette, Maya, Cassie, Schroeder and Sophie
http://www.dogster.com/family/471204