[Dailydrool] subfreezing temperatures in So Cal (meaning anything below 60)

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 20:17:06 PST 2009

I've mentioned before that Speedy doesn't like any temperature that is below 60-65.  He shivers, he whimpers, and whines until he is toasty again.

Well this weekend we had a temperature drop, Speedy stayed indoors the entire weekend. To top it off today we also had rain, not even his nose came out of the door. Unfortunately for us that means Rambo stays in too. He doesn't seem to mind the cool weather but he doesn't like being outside without Speedy. By 3 PM they were both suffering of cabin fever. Both dogs were up to no good. They chewed on my leather jacket, they got into garbage, they decided it was a good time to destuff every stuffie, they pulled my clothes out of the closet (I didn't know Speedy could open the closet) .  Not to mention I had to watch like a hawk to see if either decided to do their business inside. By 5:30 I had had enough. The rain stopped so I kicked both monsters outside for a nice round of alligator mouth.

Two minutes later the play stopped and the whining "me is cold" I ignored it. 5 minutes later "Lookie me is shiberings" 8 minutes later "OMD i finks me feeties is blue" 10 minutes later "YUP I is DYING let me back in!!!!" 11 minutes later "OH THE CRUELTY OF THE HUMANS!! THE COLD HEART!! HOW CAN YOU LET A DOG DIE OF HYPOTHERMIA" at which point I had enough and let him back in. I mean-really Speedy 55 degrees is hardly cause for such commotion in the 15 minutes you were out there.

He is now back in the house destroying whats left of the house with Rambo and probably my sanity.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo