[Dailydrool] Pawty time

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 07:40:42 PST 2009

Hi, Arfur heer, wif da news bowt owr howliday pawty adbenchur.  We packed up
Hugo an' Vito an' Lady awl in da pickup twuck (not a gud fit) an' hedded to
a reelly neet pawty wif owr fwends.  Wen we got dere, we saw rite away dat
lots ov owr frends wuz dere!!  We ran rite up to Buster an' Coop an' den we
saw Boki an' Charlie an' Abraham an' Einstein an' I fot YIPPEE dis is gonna
be fun.  Howebber, most ov da fun I had wuz runnin' owtside wif da gang an'
racin'.  But yu won't beweev dis!!  Wile we wuz racin' Boki an' Benji an
Vito, Vito kep tryin' to humpity Benji hu iz a puppy.  But Benji bein' a
puppy nebber stopped or slowed down at awl!  Yu shudda seen dis!  We wuz
runnin' as fast as we cud go an' mama wuz laffin' soo hard.  But not at da
race - no, not dat - Vito da big dummy wuz ridin' on da back ov da puppy and
dat puppy wuz runnin' a nickzillion miles a howr an' Vito hangeded on wif
hiz front pawsies an' his back pawsies were hardly tuchin' da grownd!!  Dat
wuz wun strong puppy!!  Mama sed it wooked wike a munkey ridin' a
gwayhownd!  Whelp, we gotted bak inside ware we hadda stay neer mama an'
papa - sept for Hugo hu is so old an' slow dat he cud wander arownd.  But
evry time mama turned arownd Hugo wuz rite dere nex to us.  OK, no
problemo.  Den day start da games.  During musical chares (rugs), Hugo
wandered fru da game, lookin' ober da rugs (probly to see if wun wuz comfy)
- but he gotted owt of da way before he wuz a pwoblem.  Later, wen mama wuz
tawkin' to a lady hu liked Vito cuz hims name wuz Vito an' it wuz her papa's
name (an' cuz hims so cyoot), she herd a ruckus neer da food table.  Now
dere wuz not much fud left cuz it wuz neerly awl eeted.  Awl ov a sudden a
hound jumped up an' gwabbed a lofe ov bred an' started a tug ov war wif
Antie Michelle.  Wham!  He ripped off abowt a haff ov it an' ran under a
table.  But afore dat happened, mama sed look at dat dog - it stole da
bred!  Across da huge bilding, papa wuz sayin' da exack same fing.  Den day
bof sed - "OMG DAT'S OWR HUGO!!!"  Ya see, awl day Hugo had been skopin' owt
a lofe ov rye bred dat habbed spinitch dip in it.  It wuz rite neer da
edge.  He made hiz moov wile ebry buddy wuz bizzy packin' up an' not payin'
enny attenshun to him.  Under da table, he garded it wile he eeted it awl
up.  Da peeples wuz laffin' an' laffin'!  Needless to say, Hugo did not get
a big supper wen we gotted home.  We had such fun.  Lady did not get 'dopted
so she came home wif us agan.
Mom here, the boys wore their name scarves from Little House of Hounds and
got many comments on them.  If it weren't for those scarves, we never could
have kept track of them and poor Arfur would have been accused of theft
about twenty times (it was a dog named Annie) until I saw the lack of scarf
and knew it wasn't him.  [Arf heer - she shudda notissed da lack ov somfin
else too!!!  Hmph!  A gurl!]  They sure looked handsome in them and we are
still trying to get a picture for the cards.
Oh, and Bill and I sold our basset silhouettes, making some moolah for da
hownds.

Have a great week - drool to all in need for sure!  We haven't been able to
keep up with our Drools, but we try to.  Whelp, gotta go back to editing
Arf's galleys for his book.  We will let everyone know when it is
available.  Lots of pictures of unknown hounds in it from various events.

Beth, Hugo, Arfur, and Vito

Blossom www.dogster.com/?50296
Hugo  www.dogster.com/?443659
Arfur  www.dogster.com/?443631
Vito  www.dogster.com/dogs/804728

O Great Spirit, grant that I might not criticize my neighbor until I have
walked a mile in his moccasins.

Help feed the animals http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_040208_ARS

http://www.freekibble.com

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to
you when you have forgotten how it goes.
Unknown.