[Dailydrool] From Golden Gate Basset Rescue: A plea for help, 50 hounds surrendered! - Update

Gwen Dossey pengwen65 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 14:16:55 PST 2009

Here is the latest update from the kennel that is volunteerily closing...

There will be 63 basset hounds surrendered to Golden Gate Basset Rescue (not 50 like we originally thought).  5 bassets were picked up yesterday by the volunteers that went up to "inventory" and photograph the hounds, and the rest will be picked up next Friday.  I've heard that their ages range from 1 to 10 years old!

What this means is that GGBR is going to need even more help!  If the hounds are healthy, this means an additional $5000+ in medical bills as they will all need to be neutered.  Even more if they need dental work or have any other medical issues!

If you are interested in fostering or adopting one (or more) of these hounds, please put in an application at www.ggbassetrescue.org as soon as possible!!  Once on the website look for the forms button on the left side of the screen.  Please remember that these dogs have all lived outside their entire lives, so there is a great possibility that they will need to be house-trained.  However, if you already have a basset and a doggy door, they should learn fairly quickly!

If you are unable to foster or adopt, but are able to give as little as $5, please contact Gwen or Addy during a meetup or go to www.firstgiving.com/ggbrfiftyhoundappeal to make your tax-deductible donation!!  Remember that every little bit adds up and is greatly appreciated!!

Also, if any of you know of a company that is willing to donate - along with money for medical bills, the new foster families will be needing dog beds; crates, leashes and collars, dog bowls, etc... Please e-mail me if you do!!

Thanks a bunch for your continued support!!

~Gwen, Teddi, Casper and Madden~ (:>